Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall 2010

I never finished this post, but I wanted to save it anyway. I think it was more or less just a venting session, but I want to remember these days...the good, bad, and ugly :) note: I didn't even do spell check, so beware!!

Evidently, the devil doesn't want me writing this post, so here I go again!! I really don't think I have anything valuable to share this time; I simply needed to document for myself some of the feelings and frustrations we have been feeling this semester. It may sound like i am complaining, but I am not. I can see and feel God's hand in and through this all, and I have to trust that this is just a process.
As far as I go, I just run around from event to event...teaching, sponsoring cheerleading, shuffling kids from practice to practice, cooking "well-balanced" meals in 10 minutes or less and then falling into my bed at night.Although it may sound like I am complaining (and I have done my fair share of that recently), I think Chris and I are really in the process of learning how to handle more responsibilities in more challenging circumstances. We know that the ministry will never be an easy road to travel down, but we also know that it is our assignment. With Chris working at the church, he always has to be there earlier, and he has to stay later That means that I have a lot of time with the kids by myself. At first, I found myself feeling a pity party coming on, but God has really been teaching me alot about my time with the kids. He has really impressed on my heart the value of "car" times with them, and He seems to be growing them up in such a way that they are easier to handle and more obedient than before. That alone is a HUGE testimony to God's timing and provision!! There are still many days when I feel that I have more on my plate than I can handle, but I know that this season is short in the bigger picture. I also don't want to wish away my kids. It would be nice if I didn't have to FORCE everyone under the age of 12 to bathe and brush their teeth...I know that one day soon they are going to dwell way too much on their appearance and hygeine :). For now, I will just enjoy this age and stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers